User Manual - Table of Contents
(Redirected from User Manual)
Note: We have purposely not included images in this documentation due to the difficulties in keeping these up to date and the confusion that arises when different themes are used.
1 The Basics
- The basic user interface for dotProject remains the same regardless of the screens / functions you are using.
2 Companies, Departments and Contacts
- Central modules within dotProject required to then group projects, users etc against.
- All about setting up, managing and using the projects module.
- Tasks are the actual work items recorded against projects. This section of the Wiki covers the creation and management of Tasks.
5 Gantt Charts
- Gantt Charts provide graphical depiction of individual or multiple projects.
- The History Module provides an audit trail of activities on the system.
- Very simple forum or communication module.
- All about the Calendar Module, Creating and Managing Events, as well the interface between Tasks and the Calendar.
- This section describes the standard reports that are delivered with dotProject.
10 Resources Module
- The resources module allows you to define and assign non-human resources (ie equipment, rooms etc).
- The Smartsearch module is a searching facility that will look for strings throughout all modules within your dotProject installation.
- The links module provides a facility for storing web URL's or links to specific references (optionally against projects if required)
- The backup module is an experimental XML backup for the dotProject database. WARNING: should not be used as the only backup function available.
14 Files Module
- File and Document Management Module